Friday, March 5, 2010

"When are you due?"

See what happens when you take the lid off my brain?  All this stuff is coming fast and furious. Since the very early days of knowing each other, my beloved SweetP has said, "You DO go on."  And she means it in a good way, bless her heart. If this is all just too much for you, then set your dang firewall to block my dang blog.  If you don't know how to do it, send me a message and I'll walk you through it.  How many English majors from Williams College who won the Academy of American Poets Prize in 1981 can say that?  Turns out, 100% of them:  yours truly.

Anyway, I was just driving down the road yesterday, minding my own business, hands at 9 and 3 on accounta how with air bags and all the 10 and 2 position would break your arms if you were in a collision, and this scene unfolded in my brain.  Two library books, one a big huge fat coffee table type, and one a "slim volume" as they are always called.  Slim looks Coffee up and down and asks "So, when are you due?"

I had to wonder, is this an original thought, or a cartoon or greeting card that was buried deep in my brain? Anyone know?

1 comment:

  1. Whatever its provenance, it made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete