Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"Next thang -- you shinin' right back at the sun, blowin' right back at the wind, roarin' right back at the ocean"

If you write me, or comment here, that you're having a cussin' bad day, I will offer you a song for sustenance, a melody for mending, a chant for, uh, chug a lug. You may not like the song, and if you don't, well, I guess it'll give you something new and different to cuss about other than whatever it was you were cussin' about before. Sometimes, that's all it takes to get through One More Day.

My fellow middle child (he's 2nd and I'm 3rd of 4), JasP, commented on the previous post about having one such cussin' bad day, or maybe it's a bad cluster cuss of days. JasP, this is for you. If you look up the lyrics on the Web, I think various people have at least one line wrong. Instead of "I've seen you with your head long" I think the line is "I've seen you with your head LOW." Oy, people. Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here?

As for more info about the weekend, it's coming. I'm just trying to break it up into manageable chunks. I believe in culinary terms, that's called chunking, which honestly sounds like an Australian term for something to be avoided. Patience my friends.

2 comments:

  1. "Chunking" is also used in linguistics, and neuro-science; but the point is the same, as more than once on Sunday, I was speechless (yes, me); and my mind was repeatedly blown.
    But I, too, look forward to your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reminded of the brand-name of the store-bought chow mein my dad of blessed memory used to heat up for the family on Sunday nights.

    Also, I though I'd rather not need this song-request service, glad to know it exists. Today began as such a day, when I had to wake my mom at 5:25 am and we both had to groom and dress by flashlights, but it got much, much better. Oh, and in response to another of your recent postings, one year, we missed Yom Kippur services -- never before done -- as Pat and I were busy with a wetvac routine. We repented by getting a sump-pump.

    ReplyDelete